how to remove dents from car door panel ? 7 Tips to Fix Car Dents
Car companies like Tesla have a cool feature which drives itself we just have to enter the place where we are going on the map it runs on a battery and needs to be recharged; no use of petrol, diesel or CNG! Accidents may occur but it ensures that the passengers are safe.
The car door panels are made using fine metal sheets that are stretched and turned to form the needed shape. The metal sheets are not quite strong making it easy to get a dent on them. However, these can be repaired easily even at home.
Method 1: Steps involved in removing the dents using a Plunger:
- Use water and soap to make the surface wet and slippery; Now place the plunger and push it gently at the dent, positioning it to be in the middle of the dent. This creates a good surface for suction.
- To pull out the dent, the plunger is pulled back. If it does not happen properly in the first attempt, pull the plunger harder. If the dent remains, slide down the plunger and remove the suction. Rinse off the soap.
- It is time to remove the door carefully with the help of a screwdriver, making sure not to disturb any wiring.
- Peel off the plastic sheet; the adhesive on the sheet is usually very strong and sticky; this can be reused if it does not stick to any other thing.
- The dent can now be pushed down by applying slight pressure with the back of the hand or by using a rubber hammer. This helps in ensuring that we do not damage the metal sheet of the door.
- The plastic sheet can now be placed as earlier. The door can be fixed back and screws can be put into place with the help of a screwdriver.
This method is effective for small dents on the car door panel.
Method 2: Removing Dents using Dry Ice:
The small dents on the car door panel can be removed using dry ice. We just need to rub the dry ice on the dent until a pop sound is heard, which means that the dent is repaired. This method is very effective on small dents removal.
Tip: It is important to wear gloves while dealing with dry ice.
Method 3: Removing Dents with the help of a Boiling Water:
This is the most common method; it just requires a kettle of boiling water. We will have to use this hot water to take out dents. Piping hot water is poured on the dent slowly; the dent eventually pops up.
Method 4: Using Hair Dryer and Compressed Air to remove Dents:
The cold air from compressed air and hot air from the hairdryer is applied alternatively on the dent; this results in the removal of dent. The heat from the hair dryer should be more, that is, the hairdryer should be set on the maximum settings to heat the area completely.
Method 5: Use of Vacuum Cleaner for dent removal:
- We start by drilling a tiny hole on the bottom of a bucket.
- Place the bucket at the place of dent with the bottom of bucket facing towards us.
- Now place the vacuum cleaner near the small hole that we created earlier.
- It is time to start the vacuum cleaner. The dent just pops out.
Method 6: Steps for removal of Dents using wooden dowels, screws and hot glue:
This is a method that effectively fixes a huge dent.
- We start by purchasing a wooden dowel rod.
- The next step is to cut the rod into four to five-inch pieces.
- We use screws to get a grip to hold these wooden dowel pieces.
- Take two screws and fix them into the wooden dowels; it takes the shape of a syringe.
- We now have to dust off the dented area of the car; there is no necessity of cleaning it with soap and water.
- With the help of a glue gun, apply hot glue on the flat surface of the dowel. Place the dowels around and on the dented area.
- Once the glue cools down, we can pull off the dowels by pulling them with the help of the screws that we placed on them.
- After we are satisfied with the results, the time comes when we have to clean the glue, it is done easily, we just have to peel off the extra glue on the car.
Method 7: Making use of a long rod to remove dents:
In the previous methods, pressure is applied on only one side; whereas, in this method pressure is applied on two sides. A long rod is placed on one side of the car door panel and a rubber knockdown on the other side is applied.